Friday, October 21, 2016

STEW HOME TODAY

Stew has taken today off so he can get the big gaps in the concrete 'paths' onto the lawn filled in.

So, instead of the railway sleepers, he's going to fill up the holes with soil, then sand, and lay pavers on the top.



We want to get that done before the weekend, as Steve, Bex and the boys will be here, and it's not too safe with big gaps in the paths.  They are quite deep, you would break ya leg if you stepping in one while walking/running.

I'm also hoping we can make a start on the new garden under the kitchen/lounge windows.

There's also a bit of housework to be done... THAT never changes eh?  

Monday is a public holiday (Labour Day), so it's nice that Stew is having a 4 day 'weekend'.

We are going to the movies tonight to see Angels and Demons.  Another Tom Hanks movie... I'm really looking forward to that.

ONWARD...

Well... I clearly 'forgot' to mention it's my Birthday today.... but Leanne let the cat outta the bag!

So... 


ABOVE:  I wonder what my darling husband got me?


ABOVE:   No prizes for guessing!  Another Britto figurine, isn't he gorgeous!



ABOVE:  I don't know WHY?  Tallulah really likes Keera!  She still growls at her sometimes, but mostly, she's very good with her.  Weird dog.


ABOVE:  I went down to Amber Nursery, which is our closest nursery, to get a tree for the new corner garden.
I got one within a few minutes, with the help of a staff member... AND I got the purple/blue flowering standard tree as well, cos it's GORGEOUS.

I will show you the new corner garden tree, once it's in the garden.

Right, we have stopped working outside.  Well I have to admit Stew did almost all of it!
I will have photos of the new garden tomorrow.

For now...


 ABOVE:  We have two strawberry plants... they survived the cull.  Now we have a few strawberries growing.

ABOVE:  Bex and Steve gave me this Birthday gift.  Bex made the little bag... it's lovely.


ABOVE:  Inside the bag, all of this!  What a neat gift... thanks Bex and Steve.

I'm going to sign off now, Stew and I are off to Hamilton for dinner and a movie.

36 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Chris 🎂 💃 🍷
    Have a lovely day and don't work too hard!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why Thank You for letting the cat out of the bag! lol
      Thanks Chick.

      Delete
    2. Lol, it came up on my FB timeline but thought you'd see it here first !!
      Love the presents and plants 😃

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday hope ya have a lovely day. Well see later on 😊 xxxxoooo love ya lots grandma Dante and archer xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOO A birthday????????????????? You better be CELEBRATING young lady!!!!!!!!!!!!

    That movie sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, have a great day - maybe a nice lunch out with Stew since he is home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, I hope you have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Mum. Hope you have a nice day supervising dad in the garden and then a lovley night out... Enjoy it man you so desirve it.. Loves ya..

    Happy Birthday Grandma hope you have a great day love Rena..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a lovely birthday. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Happy Birthdat wishes Chris, Hope you have a lovely day and get spoilt. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:43 AM

    Happy Birthday Chris, have a wonderful day. Love the new britto.
    Kym/Australia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Chris! I hope you have the most awesome day, and enjoy your movie tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday, Chris. What an eventful year you've had. Enjoy the day and here's to a fabulous, happy and settled year ahead. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11:02 AM

    Happy Birthday !!!

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous11:28 AM

    Happy Birthday Ma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday, hope your day is filled with lots of laughter and love.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday, hope you have a fantastic day

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Happy Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday Chris, have a lovely day…and enjoy your evening out with your man.

    p.s. LOVE the new britto

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday Chris. Enjoy your special day. I love the britto...I found some in a local shop, I didn't know about it until I started reading your blog. If the dancing hippo with the tutu is still there on pay day I'm going to buy it for me for Chrissie. I can't think of her name.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous2:33 PM

    Happy Birthday Chris!!! Hope you have a lovely day!!! And Happy Blogaversary for the other day!!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday!!! Hope it was a good one :)
    ~Nicole in CA

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope you're having a super duper day. I tried to leave a comment before and I seem to have trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  24. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I love that blue plant you got. Have a wonderful long weekend with your family - life is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Birthday. Have a great day 😄🎂

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happiest of birthdays you deserve to be treated like a Queen x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday - what lovely gifts. I hope you had a great day and that the year ahead is filled with good things for you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Birthday! It's so nice to receive craft stuff as gifts. For my birthday hubs got me a dream catcher kit.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy birthday Chris hope you have the best day xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  31. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!Bex is so talented, I love the little purse and that's some great fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Belated Birthday I have been without computer for 5 days!!!! nearly and have missed all the goss and pics darn it love the Britto.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Belated happy birthday! Looks like it was a cracker of a day

    From Melissa in Oz

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.