Wednesday, October 19, 2016

SEWING TODAY

My plans for today?

Pure and simple.  I shall be sewing up the top of Keera's quilt.  Hopefully I will get most of it done today, then I will put the borders on, and so on.


ABOVE:  these are all the little blocks, ready to set out and then sew up.
The hardest part is setting out the blocks, making sure you don't have any blocks the same too close together.

I will have to lock the dogs out of the family room, cos they seem to LOVE running over all the blocks and messing them up!  Little shits.  *smiles*

If I need a break, I might pop out to a local nursery to look for the perfect tree for the new garden under the kitchen and lounge window.  I said I was thinking of a crab apple tree... but we will see.  Maybe some other fruit tree? 

ONWARD...


ABOVE:  The lay out. Can anyone see if I've mucked up anywhere?  I can't but ya just never know!  

Now to number the rows and get sewing I think.

Progress is being made.  Working on a little detail before adding the borders.

Picked up Keera, minus her jandals.  Grrrrr, it makes me so bloody angry when your kid's footwear just 'DISAPPEARS'.  If they don't turn up tomorrow, it means they walked out on some other kids feet.  


 ABOVE:  Miss Muppet found Kindy quite tiring today, cos she fell asleep as soon as she got home, and didn't wake up till it was dinner time at 6.30 pm.


ABOVE:  The lighting isn't that good, cos this is much brighter than the photo makes out.  It's really coming along now, I'm about to sew on the last border, then I can start putting the three layers together for quilting.

There's a little 'something' under that border of pink... which will be revealed tomorrow. I think it's really cute.  *smiles*

Another excellent day!  They just keep coming... so good to have life back on an even keel, even with an added 4 year old!

12 comments:

  1. So lovely! And pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the squares look great.....it's going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It quite possibly looks better in real life but the only square that jump out at me are tenth row down left hand side. the two end squares blend together. Swap the left side with the right ? I get very anal when I do this sort of quilt and could spend weeks changing things around so I am probably not a good one to take advise from

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilt, such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see fifth row right hand side from the bottom. The edge and next one are a bit the same. It doesn't really matter though it's lovely . Your very creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to see that Im not the only one that thought that Jennifer

      Delete
  6. Derr! I just realised Dee had already pointed this out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its lovely Chris, just love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those beautiful colors - so happy to see you got to sneak some sewing in. I did today too - so I am happy about that. Does your back ever bother you as you sew???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does. Not during sewing, but certainly afterwards.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous10:06 PM

    Awww pretty in pink and does the surprise underneath reveal Keeras name? with the bunting it will look cute as could you attach the bunting to the bed? ( or is that what it's for , Glad to see you are back sewing with a vengeance. It's me Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you just whipped that out! My 13 year old was crashed out like that the other day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.