Monday, October 24, 2016

CRAFT FAIR

Bex and I are heading out bright and early this morning... to the Craft and Collectors Fair which is being held in the Anglican Church just down the road from here.

The guys are taking the morning off building the deck, so they are being left at home to babysit.


 ABOVE:  LINDA, is this what you were asking about yesterday?  If so, it's a wind mobile type thingee.  It spins like mad in the wind.  


 ABOVE:  This is what Brylee did for hours yesterday!  The little kids just loved it.


 ABOVE:  It got stinkin' hot yesterday, so after their baths these three enjoyed the big fan in the family room.


 ABOVE:  Dinner on the patio, it was so nice once the sun went down a bit... it got cooler.
It's not even summer yet, so I hate to think how hot it's going to be here!

Now, back to today.  I better get ready to go out.  Hope this fair is good.

ONWARD...

10.30 am:  Well.... we got to the fair early, and I was very impressed with it!  Bex, not quite so much as she was looking for wool, and there was only one stall selling wool.

I had a blast!  First thing I spotted and bought was plants, then I saw a stall selling garden art, so I got some things from there too.  Then I saw another garden art thingee, and got that too!  Stew had to bring me down more cash cos I ran out!


 ABOVE:  These plants are for the new corner garden.



 ABOVE:  These two groups of wood and metal 
Raupo or Bulrush look awesome in the garden!


ABOVE:  And my 'buy of the day' is this weta!  He/she is gorgeous, and Stew found the perfect place for it in the garden.  

NAME THE WETA!  He/she needs a name... so come on... gimme some ideas.

I love the name Wally... so HE'S now a boy weta named Wally.
I can see us having some fun playing 'Where's Wally?' in future.  *smiles*  Thanks for the name and ideas.

Steve, Bex and the boys have gone home, and it's back to normal here.

20 comments:

  1. Yes, Chris - that was what I was curious about - I love things like that! It is very pretty . But then everything at your new home is . Brylee sure did get her work out in for the day! she is a great young lady. Where are the pups at? Too much "kid-activity" for them? ~smile~ Wonder how that Craft and Collectibles Fair went??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris wat a beautiful family dinner setting I can see many H family fun time happening in the garden setting I am guessing miss Keera wasnt over having Brylee pull her about in the trolly going by the look on her face lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What plant is that green mossy looking thing? You have 7 of them.... Will they spread out to fill the railroad garden? Whatever they are... I want to stand on them. Can you stand on it - like moss - or would that smash it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually moss! It will spread over time and it can be walked on a bit.

      Delete
    2. Irish Moss it is too!

      Delete
  4. Will you add sails for shade maybe over summer? that bbq area is going to be a real little suntrap eh? suntan city I know A BIG POOL!!!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly we don't have the money for a pool... we have to win LOTTO!

      Delete
  5. How about Katy? As in Katydid...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought it looked like moss, but I have never seen moss in a pot like that before. It looks very healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your photos! How about "Greta the Weta"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wallace the weta - you can play "Where's Wally" with the Grandkids :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous family xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lorraine5:05 PM

    Wally or Wilma Weta.

    Southgirl x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the bullrushes. I have them in my garden too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your garden,but feel sad sometimes as it reminds me of the garden we had before we lost it in the earthquake,but still I've rebuilt and in the process of establishing a new garden, even tho its an eighth of the size of my old one. Still home is where the heart is and you've certainly put your heart into your new home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very sad that so many of you Cantabrians have lost so much. I hope you are settled now and can enjoy your new home/garden. You can have a small garden and still love it, like our garden in Auckland. I loved that garden too.

      Delete
    2. Yes indeed. The garden is coming on quite well. We've been in here 4 years last week . Time flies and everything is growing ! All we need is your Steve to find down here and build me s pergola lol as all the builders seem to be too busy !

      Delete
  13. Your garden looks gorgeous! I think Elle for the Weta, cos she's got legs up to her armpits!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It always looks like you're having so much fun! I like the shock absorber grasshoppers a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.