Sunday, December 27, 2015

THREE DOWN, THREE TO GO

As of last night, three of our puppies have 'forever' names.

And another owner is coming to meet her puppy today, the girl who has bought Dodge.  His name shall now be TOBY.  I like that name.  


ABOVE:  Jeep has become 'Jerry', Dodge has become Toby and Viva kept her 'home' name.

Look at them!  They are getting fluffy!  And mobile!  OMGosh, I took a video of them last night, and wanted to upload it, but it took too long.  So I will try and get a shorter one today and post it.  

They are all walking like little drunk dogs now!  And starting to be very frisky.  And pooping and peeing all over themselves and their bedding.

It's getting to the 'messy' stage.  Now the work begins.  Keeping them and their area clean.  

I've moved them into the garage so I can give them more room as they grow, and I can open the garage door for better ventilation.

Cos six puppies pooping starts to SMELL after a while, and as we are trying to sell the house, it ain't a good thing to have a smelly house!

So... I'm doing what I can to keep the 'smell' confined.  

I can't wait till I can put them out on the lawn too.... that is going to be so much fun for everyone.  *smiles*

I don't have any plans for the day.... just so RELIEVED we don't have an Open Home!  It's the first sunday in months we can just relax.

So, on that note... catch ya later.

ONWARD...

11 am:  still waiting for one of the puppy parents to arrive to see her puppy.
I'm not going to be home this afternoon, I'm going to St Lukes mall for a wander with the kids.
Stew is staying home to do some paper work.

Toby's family arrived and spent a good deal of time visiting with him/us.  They have breed Fox Terriors before, so know all about puppies.  Yaaa one less family I have to lecture on how to look after our babies!
lol

We went to St Lukes mall for lunch with Steve, Bex and boys.  It was hot, busy, crowded and all I wanted to do was get out of there!

So we didn't stay long at all.  It's a stinking hot day today!  Too hot.  SHOOT. ME. NOW.

Stew made a lovely dinner tonight.  Baked potatoes, with ham/onion/baked beans/cheese/sour cream, with some sausages on the side.  It was really nice.

Thank god, the sun is setting. It's getting more bearable now.  

End of Day:  a nice day, meeting Toby's new Mum and Sister was good too. Totally looking forward to my bed tonight!  Hot and bothered.  
nite nite

3 comments:

  1. They are so precious. I just posted about mine being sick. Is the "doggie flu" going around where you live at to????

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a recipe I just ran across on a blog called Canning Granny and it just sounded good to me?
    Weigh Loss Soup

    by Richard Moody




    The design of this program is to eat a healthy breakfast…. Weight loss soup for lunch and dinner. Eat healthy snacks in between to curve your hunger.




    Now to cold pack for canning… this is what I did….. Makes 7 qts… my canner full I put all of these together in pot or bowl to ladle…




    64 oz chicken broth




    6 cups of tomato juice




    2 tsp Italian seasoning




    4 cloves of minced garlic




    Dice these vegetables into separate containers… enough for ¼ cup for each quart




    Large Onion




    Zucchini squash (about 2 med to lg)




    Yellow squash (about 2 med to lg)




    I sliced and then quartered both Green beans… again enough for ¼ cup for each qt.




    Mushrooms… 1 8oz pkg was enough for ¼ cup each qt




    2 cans of red kidney beans… ¼ cup for each qt




    2 cans of Italian diced tomatoes… ¼ cup for each qt




    1 lb carrots sliced




    Shredded cabbage enough for about 1 and ½ cup for each qts




    I do sterilize the jars then let them cool down so they are not too hot to handle bare handed. I filled 7 qt jars with all these measured ingredients doing cabbage last …. Topping off each qt with packing the cabbage on the top. Then I ladled the broth mixture to 1 inch head space. I prefer to cold pack when canning… so I can control the ingredients into each jar, and I can plan a full canner. To ladle from a pot of all ingredients you may get more or less of some items into the jars. You will end up having too much ingredients… throw into a pot cook it up and you have tonight’s dinner and a full canner being processed. Put the seals and rings on the jars to finger tight and into a cold pressure canner. Bring to a steam for 10 minutes then process like you would for beans (same as meats) in your area. Again, I cold pack can to control the ingredients into each jar… and to me it’s much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute puppies WHY oh WHY would you venture out ugh! I have read lay in sun been in me lava lava for 3 days now BLISS but have had to put clothes on at end of day to go out for dinner like tonight not looking forward to that wish I could just go in me lava lava.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.