Sunday, October 04, 2015

LIVING IN HOPE

Every Sunday I hope it will be the last Open Home we have to go through.
*sigh*.... maybe today will be?

IN the meantime, there's all the prep to be done.
Luckily there's just the 'usual' to do now.

Plus... I have to pick up my girlfriend from the airport too.  It's going to be lovely to see her again, it's been about 10 months since I saw her last.

So... anyway, I better get a move on and get everything done, and get a loaf of bread ready to go too.  Hmmm... Herb?  Or Fruit?  Decisions, decisions.

ONWARD...

3.29 pm:  and we won't be selling our house this week.  Only two groups through today's Open Home.  Neither interested.

Never mind.  The house is clean and tidy!

And we have fresh hot bread to eat.

My friend Chris D arrived safe and sound, and she brought up with her the two bedside lamps I'd bought some months ago.

I'm thrilled with them:


 ABOVE: how cute is that?


 ABOVE:  they are shorter than the lamps I had there previously, and of course they are nautically inspired.
♥Love♥ them.


ABOVE:  here's Chris D relaxing, playing on her tablet.  She's addicted to jigsaws like me... she's the Tart who got me hooked on them!

She flies out later this evening ... 12 hours on a plane to Los Angeles with a 2 hours stop over there. Then a 10 hour flight to Heathrow, with a 3.5 hours stop over there, then a 1 hour flight to Newcastle, then a 45 minute taxi drive to Hartlepool!  So all up... about 35 hours travelling and hanging around waiting for connections.  

She's gunna be exhausted when she gets there.
But, she's got 3 weeks there, so she will be fine.

She's going to be watching one rugby game while she's there, the All Blacks Vs Tonga.  Stew is jealous!

So... that's our day so far.  Stew has gone into work to pack up his desk. Tomorrow he starts in Hamilton full time.  

End of Day:  a lovely day because I got to see one of my very best friends.  I hope she has a fabulous time on holiday and has safe travels.
nite nite

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with the open home today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn I was hoping today was the day for you to get an u conditional off bummer. Hope the bread was nice did u go with fruit or herb. I'm hoping fruit

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sigh", keep smiling, it will happen soon I am positive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your friend Chris slightly resembles my late mum.... gave me a bit of a start!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that travel sounds exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love those lamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those lamps are gorgeous, still home cleaning and open homes when will it end..... soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.