Sunday, October 25, 2015

DID OUR GUYS WIN THEIR SEMI FINAL?

I haven't read the news yet, so I don't know if the All Blacks won their game against South Africa.  I hope so.

Stew will be super grumpy if they didn't.

On to today, well it's another Open Home of course.

As it's a long weekend here (Labour Day on Monday), I wonder if we will get anyone through or not?
Stew reckons he saw a 'drive by' yesterday... so maybe we will get one at least.  *smiles*

Because the open home isn't till 2 pm, we have plenty of time to get everything done.  I've been fairly lazy the past few days, so there's quite a bit to do.

Steve, Bex and the boys are coming for dinner after the open home too.  So, I better get something out of the freezer to cook.  Not sure what, the stocks are a bit low.  We have to go grocery shopping tomorrow, or we'll run outta food.  

I so want to get back to my sewing sometime today too!  I haven't done any more on the little bag with the owl on the pocket.  I should be able to finish it TODAY sometime.
Then I can move on to the next one of course.  

ONWARD...

Whoop! Our guys won against South Africa... so they progress to the final. I wonder who they will face, Australia or Argentina?

Housework is now on my agenda, and avoiding it is on the kid's. Nothing unusual there.

3.06 pm:  Well 6 groups through today, and it is a gorgeous afternoon after all the rain yesterday.

When we got home the dogs managed to escape off the property before we had closed the side gates.  It took us a little while to realise both dogs were gone, then panic struck!

Off we went in two vehicles... and luckily I found both of them down by the school.  And luckily both came when called!  Well...Tallulah came.

Coco I yelled at to get in the car, and she ran straight in!  If you run after Coco she just keeps on running, so it's better to just yell at her and stand your ground.

Phew... we won't make that mistake again.  Gates closed before the dogs are taken out of their cages.  For sure.

I've got a lovely pea and ham soup cooking in the crock pot for dinner.  It smells divine.

7.23 pm:  well dinner was just lovely.  The soup was perfect, first time I've not used a bacon hock, and instead used Butcher's bacon bits, in other words:  bacon scraps.  Perfect for soups and casseroles. I don't think I will bother buying bacon hocks ever again.

Steve semi sorted out my PC.  It's an ongoing process to get it back to 'normal' I think.  Steve reckons it had a malfunction while it was updating.  Whatever it was, Steve managed to find all my photos, which was awesome.

End of Day: a quiet evening ahead.  Early to bed too I think, we are rather tired after restless nights and so on.
nite nite

4 comments:

  1. Yes we won, I got up at stupid o'clock to watch it. Very close game. Good lock with the open home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope today is the day for house sale Chris sounds like it was a jolly good game and nail biting finish

    ReplyDelete
  3. The game was a real nail biter!! I managed to wake up for it - amazingly, as me and my alarm clock aren't the best of friends at that time of the morning. Good luck with today's open home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy the dogs escaping must have sent you into a tailspin that's for sure. Lucky for them they came straight away.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.