Friday, October 23, 2015

BLOODY COMPUTER

My computer issues are really pissing me off!
I am going back to using my laptop for now... as this PC has shat itself.

All my photo editing is f*#KED UP, I can see all my photos through Picasa, but they are not in 'My Pictures' anymore.

I can't edit using Paint like I used to be able to either.  So, so frustrating... not to mention all my favourites are gone, AND my bookmarks are gone.

So, HOPEFULLY my laptop is fine!

I will soon find out... going to get it right now.

Today, if I can use the laptop with it's programmes intact, I plan on reading some blogs first thing this morning... AFTER getting some washing done and the basic housework.

So... I'll bugger off for now and see what's what.

ONWARD...

Well this little laptop still has all the right settings/programmes on it... BUT now I remember why I started using the PC exclusively.
The laptop is so slow it times out all the time!  I sat and waited so long for a page to open I could have cooked dinner waiting for it, then it timed out anyway!  Grrrrr.


So, I will muddle along on this SLOOOOOW laptop for the day and hope Steve can fix the PC over the weekend.


ABOVE:  some of the 'stuff' I've gathered for the sculpture class.  The netting is for texture on the 'walls', the braiding is for details, the buttons, beads, bits 'n' bobs are for pressing into the clay for details too.
I will also be using fresh leaves to press onto walls... and I want to find more textured fabrics for walls too.  
It's such fun thinking about going to the class, something I'm really looking forward to. I'm so glad I didn't change my mind about going after all.

End of Day:  A nice enough day.  Didn't do any blog reading as this laptop is just too slow! I spend half my time waiting for a page to load, then I give up.  Hopefully Steve can fix the PC soon, because it is so much faster.
nite nite

9 comments:

  1. I thought you used Chrome? If so, all the bookmarks are kept on that and no matter what computer you are on the bookmarks should be the same. I use three different computers/devices and my bookmarks update automatically on each. The rest of your problems... I have no idea - I've not worked on windows for over 10 years now.

    I find googling a problem is great and there are masses of message boards online where people have the same problems. Hopefully Steve can fix things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Computer problems are so frustrating eh? Hopefully Steve gets it sorted super-quick for you. My netbook is super-slow now, and very frustrating - so can definitely empathise with you on that one. Roll on Christchurch - I've asked Santa for a new laptop :)

    Great to see you so excited about your upcoming craft project :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you mean "Roll on Christmas"! I never expect anything at Christmas! We struggle to afford presents for our expanding family without getting ourselves anything! I hope you do get your new laptop.

      Delete
    2. Lol ... oops, you are right .... roll on Christmas. The laptop has already been bought by husband and safely hidden away from me - but if the truth be told, he got an amazing deal - down from $1300 to $699, but I contributed $500 of it - some was vouchers I'd received last birthday and Christmas, and the rest from my second job. Haven't had a new computer in nearly 10 years, so quite excited about it.

      Delete
  3. Have you considered using Dropbox to store all your photos? Then it won't matter if your computer shits itself.
    Isnt' that laptop pretty new?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My PC is about 2-3 years old. I kill computers. I've killed 4 laptops so far. I expect this laptop to die in a year! I tend to cook them. I will check out Dropobox.

      Delete
  4. OMG, there is nothing worse than a failing computer. PS: get a Mac! I've used them for 20 years!.... the only way to go xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I FEEL YA PAIN laptops tablets PC, I am the queen of death on anything electrical!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.