Wednesday, October 14, 2015

BLOG ANNIVERSARY

Today marks 9 years of me blogging!
Nine years of putting myself 'out there'...and mostly, I've really loved it.

I just took a 'public break' from blogging.  I need to do that sometimes, just to take a break from the haters out there.

And there's a few of them let me assure you!

My new mantra:


A clever Doctor told me this exact same thing years ago... and he was right.  I just have to remember ... this too will pass, and soon enough all will be OK again.

It will be different, but OK.  Learning to let go ... JUST LET GO.

Today I'm going OUT for a walk.  I probably won't feel like it later on... but I know that I will feel better for it once I get out there.
I've spent way to long on me bum the past few days, just had no motivation at all.

Time to pull finger again.  Summer is coming and I would like to think I can be a bit lighter and fitter before the heat hits.

ONWARD...

10.23 am:  no walk.  I'm suffering from an upset tummy... and it's a bit 'risky' to think about going out for a walk.  I might need a bathroom midway!
No idea why my tummy is not happy?
*sigh*

Starting to really miss a lot of stuff we have in storage.  My sewing stuff mostly... Now I want to make a few Christmas things and all my fabric is in storage.  If we are here at Christmas time, we have no tree, no decorations, NOTHING!

And of course I'm paying hundreds of $$'s a month to keep everything in storage too.  So frustrating.

No word from the Estate Agents, which means no buyers yet.  Maybe with better weather coming it will bring some out?  I live in hope.

I'M SO SORRY I UPSET SO MANY PEOPLE BY GOING 'PRIVATE' FOR A WHILE with no warning.
I promise if I ever feel the need to take a break I will just say "TAKING A BREAK" and not go private. 

6.41 pm:   Stew is due home soon, dinner is in the oven.  Chicken Steaks and potato pom poms.  Oh hold on!  He just arrived home.  I better go get the dinner dished up!

End of Day:  well I was going to waffle on about a few other things today ... but kinda ran outta time.  Off to bed shortly.  Not even tired though.  Another night spent waiting to fall asleep for a couple of hours no doubt.  yaaa. Not.
nite nite

36 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you are back online - I have missed hearing about your days. Hope today is a happy one, I feel better already as I can read your blog.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris, glad to see you back. I don't cement often, maybe I should, but I love coming by your blog daily to check out what's happening! Have a great day 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what Renee said.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back. Missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mantra. Hope the tummy settles soon. Nasty things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto all of the above. So glad I can have my daily fix of your life and times. Don't comment often - re your stored sewing stuff - anyway of accessing your storage and rescuing your fabric and Xmas things? Nothing worse than wanting to sew and you can't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY your back ... so pleased to see you back online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to see you back. I am hopeless at commenting, sorry. I love my daily fix of the Diet Coke Rocks house. Can you please warn us when you are going offline, because I am sure that I am not the only one who worried about you. In a strange way it feels like you are part of my life (well dammit you are part of my life!)
    Mary in Tassy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. If anything EVER happened to me, Steve would come on here and let everyone know.

      Delete
  9. Happy Blogiversary darlin:-) Haters gonna hate. You just keep doing you. It's not easy to put yourself out there but I love reading about your family. Fingers and toes crossed buyers cross your path soon. Keep positive beautiful blue-eyed girl:-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:34 PM

    So glad to see you back, although i dont comment much. How is Tallulah? do you know if she is with puppies yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We won't know if there are puppies DEFINITELY on the way for a while... maybe not until 3/4ers of the way through her 'time'. Dogs don't show for ages. Though it's pretty rare for a dog not to fall pregnant and particularly for such a young dog.

      Delete
  11. Rhonda12:56 PM

    Hi Chris, welcome back, missed you, Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you're back. Had a feeling you would be. Seeing a post made me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that school holidays are over and the weather is improving I think you will have better luck with the open homes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to see you back Chris, sometimes we need a break from life and blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Blogiversary-9 years is amazing when you write every day-and more than once.
    Sorry to hear you are not well-there is a bug going around that you also get stomach cramps with so hope you have not picked that up.
    Fingers crossed for this weekends Open Home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous4:47 PM

    Hi

    Good to see you back !


    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really LOVE your blog. It is just so simple and real. I really like how you update everyday, sometimes even multiple times. So every time I come - something new is there to read. Keep it up. I would miss it if it stopped. We all have issues and it's comforting to know that we are not the only ones!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous5:40 PM

    Whoa! I'm glad it wasn't just me that was blocked! I had no way of sending a request to you to be on your list! I had Diet Coke withdrawal!!!
    Don't worry about haters~ They are simply miserable people. I am surprised you have any~
    Hope your tummy fills better! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nine years!? Well done! That's great dedication - you do so much better than me. I hope your tummy settles soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so glad your back, I've missed you so much, please don't go private again how will I ever know what's going on in your life.

    Your son,

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for commenting on my blog Chris. I should eat Salmon every 5 minutes my mood is sooooo crappy every day. I am thinking of creating another blog to rant about all the many and varied things that piss. me. off. about my daily life. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I can recommend it! PEPSI is my rant and vent blog as you know.

      Delete
  22. Glad you're back ;) Good luck with the house (we're just putting ours back on the market) - what is meant to be will happen. Xoxo from muggy Brissie!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think the sale will happen when you lest expect it - that's happened with our farm. Frustrating though - can understand that. Keep smiling:-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Delighted you are back. I too read you at least once daily. Sending you house sell now wishes from nippy Canada

    ReplyDelete
  25. Debbie Perera9:47 PM

    Wow 9 years - congratulations! I can't believe where that time has gone - I still remember reading your first ever post - redirected from Janine's blog if I remember correctly. I have been reading ever since, except for 2 years when I accidentally thought you had stopped blogging! Turned out that my computer had frozen on you blog and wouldn't refresh. It was at a time when so many other bloggers were stopping and though you had too. Then 4 years ago I googled diet coke vs coke zero and your blog came up! I couldn't believe it - I then caught up on the previous two years of your life!!

    What a wonderful record you have of your life for the past nine years - all the pics and the ups and the downs. Not many people could claim to have such a wonderful account to look back on.

    Sorry I don't comment often - I usually read on my phone and the verifier is very hard to prove I'm not a robot on my phone!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yeah wow 9 years Chris. It's been an awesome blog. You're a great honest writer! Glad you're back. I missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. 9 years is quite a feat. Congrats.
    p.s. i'm only getting close to 8,000 steps a day. it's really hard to achieve 10,000 steps. once the haze clears, i'll do better.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Anniversary, 9 years blogging is quite a feat! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous2:17 PM

    Happy Blogaversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous2:33 PM

    Congrats on 9 years blogging - that's heaps!! I really enjoy reading your blog and your family's antics!
    Melissa, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  31. 9 years thats impressive you clearly have loyal followers and readers and people who enjoy your blog ( I know some don't but too bad)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.