Thursday, June 26, 2014

WHY?

I am feeling bad.
Stew was upset with what I said about his job yesterday.  He felt suckful, and almost didn't go the the work dinner.

I didn't mean to do that to him.  I am still just so angry at the company for dragging out this latest 'restructure' for everyone affected.

We have had 8 months of worry for what?
So they can save money.  They have dis-established many Management jobs so they could create 'new' jobs, where one person has to do the work of 3.  And they have gotten rid of so many people too...  So, I suppose I should be happy that Stew still has a job within the company, even though we still don't know what that is.

This is the last time I'm going to moan about this whole situation.  You have heard it all before!

Time to be positive, and find a reason to smile every day.  I've not smiled much in ages.
Fabric.  I think I need to get some more, that always makes me smile.

OH hang on!  I got some yesterday.  lol  *smiles*  See?   I'm already smiling today.  SCORE. 

ABOVE:  Lacy trying to juggle two toddlers on her hips.  Dante didn't last long... he was struggling to get down.  He doesn't 'hold on' and therefore is a dead weight still.  

We are going to miss Lacy and Keera when they more to Tauranga.  But ... it's not that far away, and we can always pop over to see them in a weekend.


ABOVE:  a cute little video of Coco and Dante.  This happens a lot in the morning.  Coco goes nuts, and Dante loves chasing her.

Today?  The weather is dreadful, so I'm going to sew all day!  Might get around to reading some blogs too... when I get too cold down in the garage to sew that is.

I hope everyone has a lovely day, I'll be back later.

ONWARD...

I've had a good, productive morning...  I've done a lot of work on the Fern Quilt for Russell... and I'm almost at the stage where I start building the blocks around the centre piece.


ABOVE:  Well, what do you think???  I'm thinking of adding a bigger 'N Z' at the top too.

I am really loving this quilt!  It took me hours to decide what to sew down the middle of each fern's green patch...and am thrilled with my choice now it's done.  *smiles*

PAULA'S MUM:  HI!  Nice to know you enjoy reading my blog.  And for saying lovely things about my sewing to Lacy.

LUNCHTIME!  1 pm... I'm hungry.  

I'm now making some felt, to use for the NZ for the quilt.  Quite fun today.  

I just spent 2.5 hours making felt.  And I learnt 2 things.

One.  You CANNOT add fabric 'bits' to your felt, it does not bind in.
Two.  You CANNOT add your dog's hair to your felt, it does not bind in either!

So, after all that time and effort... I threw the disaster in the bin.  It was not salvagable.
Tomorrow I will go and buy some more wool tops and give it another go... using ONLY wool.

End of Day:  spent the evening watching TV.  A few new programs on now.  
We watched one called "Off Their Rockers UK"... it was very funny.  Stew and I laughed our heads off, first time in forever I've found a TV program that funny.
So, there ya go... another happy day!
nite nite

6 comments:

  1. Gee that sure is a lot of morning energy me I have been under the weather and have REALLY slept in every morning this week. The fern is so bright and cheery I love it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:23 PM

    quilt looks lovely!! hope things work out for Stew job wise. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:23 PM

    Haha shot Ma for the shout out to Lula's Mum...and hi from me and Keera too xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:14 AM

    nice to read that you are laughing...from me (Kelly)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your day ended on a good note. Wonderful the Coco does so well with the little ones. Take care hope things sort themselves out for Stew and he find a better job with someone who appreciates him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok - I just had to let you know that my mum and dad LOVED off their rockers, they thought it was hysterical too :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.