Friday, June 06, 2014

WHERE HAS THE WEEK GONE? AND AN ♥ ANNIVERSARY ♥

It feels like Wednesday NOT Friday!
This week has gone so fast, probably due to Monday being a holiday, and then going to Hamilton mid week too.

This weekend we have Keera, and as Bex is on a course on Saturday, it looks like we shall be entertaining two toddlers.  *smiles*, that's just what we like.

TODAY marks our 27th Wedding Anniversary. Have a lovely day at work Darling

Last night I stayed up extra late getting the Brown & Teal blocks laid out on the floor... then taking a photo or two:


ABOVE:  since taking that photo, I've already moved a few blocks around.   And I'm not that sure about the Stripe fabric  (2nd row from bottom, 3rd in from the right).  I have put in a bit more cream to lighten it up a little too.

First thing today I will label the rows and get it up off the floor before Dante or the dogs have a field day mixing them all up.  I've put up a barrier to keep them out of the lounge until I can do that.

I've been sadly lacking in energy the past few days.  So I think I need to get on the Treadmill and work on my fitness sometime today too.

Apart from that, I don't have any plans as such.
Right, off to start the day...

ONWARD...

I wish my lovely fireplace in the lounge wouldn't keep turning itself off!
We paid $800 last year to get it fixed... grrrrr.

I'm spending the next couple of hours re-cutting those blocks.  They are all slightly 'off', so I'm trimming them back to 4 and a half inches.  My own fault for not being as accurate as I should have been to begin with.

It is so quiet in my house!  Just me and the dogs again.  Bex and Dante are at Playcentre.

THREE HOURS LATER...


ABOVE:  238 blocks trimmed so they are EXACTLY the same size.  It may have taken ages, but it will be worth it when all the blocks line up!

I'm going to take a break now and have lunch... it's 1.46 pm and I'm a bit hungry!
Then I will get dinner sorted out... before I go and start joining all those blocks.
I'm thinking of making this one into a duvet cover instead of a quilt.

I could kick myself.  I have decided, after picking up all 238 blocks, that I really don't like that stripe fabric and am going to take it out.
That means cutting up more fabric (doing that now), and then laying out the entire lot on the floor again!
Bloody hell.  Not something I feel like doing, but if I don't fix it now before sewing them together I will be annoyed as hell with myself for not fixing it.

*sigh*  Time to have a break for a while and just... be.
I've been busy all day with those bloody blocks.
Kinda over them for the next hour or two.

End of Day:  my back is KILLING me!  Bending over blocks till almost midnight is not fun, but I was determined to get that brown/teal quilt laid out again before I went to bed.
Happy to say it's done.
nite nite

14 comments:

  1. Lorraine H9:03 AM

    Happy Anniversary to you both.

    Southgirl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congratulations to you and your man on your wedding anniversary! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your anniversary !!!!!
    Have a wonderful day and enjoy the peace and quiet.
    Me xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! 27 years .. we aspire to be there one day ! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary. Wow-27years. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:20 PM

    Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoops, did it again... deleted a comment by accident.

    michellec has left a new comment on your post "WHERE HAS THE WEEK GONE? AND AN Black heart (cards) ANNIVERSARY Black heart (cards)":

    Good work seeing and not eating cookies. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you and Stew on your 27th anniversary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your new quilt but my favourite is definitely the blue and pink, a great colour combination. Enjoy your weekend xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhhh it didn't save my comment? now I can't remember what I wrote.. lol ummmm oh yeah Happy Anniversary to you both and hope you have a lovely weekend .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary....here's to the next 27.
    I admire your determination to get everything perfect before you start sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you find some time to celebrate, Happy Anniversary. Another nice quilt. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy anniversary Chris. You're right. The stripes don't go with the other fabric print.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.