Wednesday, June 04, 2014

OFF TO THE WAIKATO TODAY

Sadly, a friend of ours died the other day, so Stew and I are heading down to Hamilton today.
Stew is going to attend the funeral.  I'm not.  I just don't think I can bear it.  

Maree was only 50 years old, and she has left two young men without their Mum.  I just know I will be a mess if I go.  Sometimes it's better to know when you can't cope with something like this, and just care from a distance.

Stew is going to work first thing this morning, and then coming home and picking me up around 11.  

While Stew's at the funeral I am having lunch with Amanda in town.  Then I will check out the shops ... it's been a while since I wandered around central Hamilton's shops.

So... before I sign off for now, I will show you what I worked on last night:


ABOVE:  I said it wasn't pink last night eh?
This needs a couple more contrasting browns and blues, and I hope to find them at the Patchwork Shop in Gordonton today.  
Grandmother's Garden is an amazing Patchwork shop, and I anticipate taking a little while to find what I'm looking for!
Poor Stew.

Or not.

ONWARD...

The photo of the brown/teal blocks was taken late last night, so the colours are a bit 'off'.
Bex saw it on the floor this morning and thinks it needs more lighter browns.  
Who thinks that too?  

Bearing in mind I'm going to be buying a few more browns and teals today.

It's very quiet in my house right now!  First time in weeks I've got the house to myself.  Bex, Dante and Brylee have gone to Playcentre.
Well... I'm off to put me face on, then hang out a little bit of washing, make me bed... bla bla bla.
Ya know how it goes *smiles*

Stew and I got home just before dinnertime.  Since then I've had quite a bit of trouble with my computer.  I have no idea why.  It took half an hour to get it to load my blog... so I'm gunna make this quick for now.

I had a lovely day in Hamilton.  Lunch with Amanda, then a lovely wander around the shops, another stop in to chat to Amanda again.
Bought a couple of tops at Farmers, then Amanda bought me another one (thanks Amanda).

Stew picked me up and we left Hamilton around 5pm.  

It was just lovely walking into the house to smell chicken cooking and the veges on.  Thanks Bex.

I didn't really get any photos .... so night scenes as we drove home is about all.  I haven't even had a chance to look at them yet.  Will later though.   For now... dinner is ready!

End of Day:  well dinner was lovely.  I have done NOTHING since coming home!  Talk about lazy!
nite nite!

9 comments:

  1. I love the colours in the blocks. The browns and blues work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it - it looks great like it is !!
    Sorry to hear about your friend passing away - funerals suck (sorry but they do !) - I totally get you about caring from a distance - that's exactly what I would do.
    Lotsa hugs xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it and maybe a few more light ones, gee that be a mission to stitch and sew together... It is hard going to funerals it makes you realise time is precious and our own existence fragile in the scheme of things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! But I especially loved the pink one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the pink set up better than the brown but thats just me. either one would look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the brown and teal. It looks much better one the computer than one would expect.

    Hugs to you for your loss. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. The top blanket is good colors! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS, sorry about your friend..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the quilt like that, I thin it looks great! So sorry about your friend. One of my best friends lost her brother this week and he wasn't even 50 yet. So sad.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.