Friday, June 20, 2014

MORE SEWING, AND MISS MUPPET

First up for the day, take the dogs for a walk.

Then home to get some washing on and do a general tidy up in the house.

Once that's done, I shall go downstairs and start sewing the fern fronds on to the brown background.

I'm starting to wonder if I need to tone down the quilt top so the fern does not clash or make it look too busy?  It's truly a work in progress is this quilt!

I hope Russell likes it once it's done.  When I told Stew I was giving the quilt to Russell, he expressed some disappointment that it wasn't for our bed.  So I might have to make another one yet!

AND I still have to get back to me Dresden Plate quilt too!  Sheesh.

Little Miss Muppet is coming to stay for a few days today.  Lacy is off to Tauranga with a friend to check out a few options over there.  She's talking about moving over to Tauranga, as she dislikes Auckland with a passion.
Though, I think it's more to do with her having no friends here, while she has quite a few in Tauranga.  We don't mind, as long as she's happy and Keera is safe and happy too.

It's only 2.5 hours away, so visiting them over there will be a nice day/weekend trip for us once they are over there.

Right, that's all for now... time to get me sneakers on and get the dogs out for a walk.

ONWARD...

Well... I didn't fancy walking the dogs today, it looked like it was going to pour down, so I got talked into getting on the Cross Trainer instead, by Bex.
So I did.  I expected to last about 2 minutes!  But I managed 10 minutes, so I'm really chuffed about that.  
I am going to get on the exercycle later too.

I lay the fern on top of the blue/teal quilt top.  IT. LOOKED. HIDEOUS!   So I lay out some of the lighter coloured blocks and dropped the fern on top:


ABOVE:  Now that looks better!   So... because I need those small blocks for the brown/teal quilt, I am going to go out and get some more cream and light brown fabric and start anew!

So now that means I will have 'on the go' the Dresden Plate quilt, the Brown and Teal quilt AND the Fern quilt for Russell.  WHOOPS!

Well, at least I'm not bored with nothing to do.

Keera arrived at lunchtime, had her lunch then went off for a nap.  So it's been very quiet over the past couple of hours.  She is due to wake up soon, so I better make a start on dinner preparations ahead of her getting up.

I'm probably going to Spotlight tomorrow for more fabric for Russell's Fern Quilt instead of today.

BLONDIE: My shins and calves are much better.  It was a good idea to rest them as I have had shin splints before which crippled me for months.

Griffin's school sweatshirt arrived yesterday afternoon.  Lucky cos I was about to cancel my order.

NATALIE:  That would be awesome!  I'm hoping she does move there cos it gives us a nice place to visit on a regular basis.

Roast pork and veges are in the oven, phoned Stew and asked him to bring home apple sauce and chocolate!  I'm calling this meal/indulgence my 'naughty' meal of the week.  Works for me.

End of Day:  well dinner was lovely, roast pork and crackling... So yum!
Had a fair share of chocolate too!
Probably shouldn't have though.
nite nite

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:37 AM

    Hope you had a good walk!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you for doing a different form of exercise to replace the walking. !!Even if you did 10 mins here and there throughout the day would be great for you! Loving the quilts too! Wish I had the time to do some also. I have plenty of fabrics dating back to about 25 years ago I have collected lol oops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fern!! Well done on the x trainer ! Good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. good on you how are the shins today? I soooo love the fern you are so talented ANYONE would love the quilt. hope you have a lovely weekend, BTW how is the school skirt isuue playing out ? with Brylee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you could meet me for a coffee in Tauranga :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew you were going t do that with the quilt! lol

    My cousin's husband is in New Zealand for 3 months for his job! (Google) Looks like he's in Lake Tekapo right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.