Sunday, March 09, 2014

BIT OF THIS AND THAT TODAY

Well, first up for today is Steve, Bex and Griffin are going to Rainbow's End Amusement Park.
Griffin was given a free pass as a reward from his school for being 'Person of the Term' at the end of last year.

He must use it before the 14th of this month, so he's going with Steve and Bex today.

Stew and I will be babysitting Dante for them, which is fine as we already have Keera here.  Those two bubs get on so well together.

Bex said yesterday she saw them giving each other kisses and cuddles.  Wish I'd seen that.

Mike's netball team didn't make it to the Semi-finals, so Mike is pretty much a free agent today.
I know he and Joyce want to come visit us.  Also, they want to watch the Men's final... so we shall be kinda be playing today by ear.

Bearing in mind we have two babes today, I shall probably be staying home with them if Stew and Brylee decide to go out to watch Netball.
It doesn't matter to me.  It's so hot down at the courts I'd actually rather stay home.

I don't think I've mentioned this ... but my hot flushes are easing!  I don't know if it's due to the new blood pressure medication or because I am actually outgrowing them?  Either way, I'm grateful.  I'm down to about 4-5 a day!!!  Bloody awesome.

I could kick myself.  I should have used all those hours on the bus last week to read up on my Camera's operations!  Grrrr.  Feel so dumb now.
Reading up on how to operate beyond 'AUTO' is something I am desperate to do.  But to find the time!  There is so much I should be doing... getting Rena's Ballerina done, housework, blog reading, housework, my Dresden Plate quilt finished, housework.............

Sheesh, the list goes on and on.  There's not enough hours in the day sometimes.


 ABOVE:  Joyce talking to Mike ... she was about to start a game.  I call her Pipsqueak.  She's so little.  
ABOVE:  ain't that the truth! 

ABOVE:  did I tell you I had read a report that come out a week or so ago about that bus crash behind our house?

If I didn't:  the bus driver was speeding, he entered an 'S' bend, a car was in the middle of the road about to turn into a driveway.  The bus driver decided to try and pass him ON THE LEFT and hit the curb, which made the bus swerve onto the wrong side of the road, narrowly missing a taxi with 3 passengers in it, before mounting the curb and crashing into the tree.

The bus driver, an elderly man and two other passengers were ejected from the bus through the smashed windscreen.  The two children on the bus sustained injuries too.  

The upshot?  The bus driver was charged with dangerous driving causing death (the elderly man died at the scene), dangerous driving causing injury to the children, and reckless endangerment.  He was sentenced to almost three years jail and loss of his drivers license for 3 years.

He deserved it.  

OK... I'm done for now...

ONWARD...

ANNITA:  neither Joyce or Mike are 'Professional' netball players.  They just love the game and enjoy playing in their spare time.
Mike works in Retail for now, until he is ready to apply to train as a Police Officer.  Joyce works at home.

Well... Steve, Bex and Griffin have left for Rainbow's end.  Here's hoping they have an awesome time.

I'm doing some sewing... while Stew is on babysitting duty!  He doesn't mind, he's watching sport on the telly while giving Dante his pre-nap bottle.

1 toddler is asleep, the other is still happily playing after having a 'Granddad Nap'... which simply means he fell asleep on Granddad, and stayed there till he woke up again.  *sigh*

Lunchtime, and I'm having my rice risotto with peas.  Yum yum.

We haven't heard from Mike and Joyce today, so not sure what they are doing or if we will see them today or not. Mike is the worst communicator ever!  We ring/leave texts... and hear back NOTHING 9 times out of 10.

Well NOW I have to eat my words, as Stew just heard from him.  Looks like we will see him this afternoon.  Yaaa.

Well... Mike and Joyce were here for a couple of hours, time to have a bit of a catch up without netball being a distraction.
I hope to see them again in a few months when I go back down to Palmy for a girly weekend again.

Steve is cooking our dinner tonight, sausages, mashed spuds, baked beans and spaghetti.   An easy dinner, but nice.

I'm happy with the progress I made on Rena's Ballerina, it's looking so cute.

End of Day:  it's been a super lovely day really.  The babies are just adorable... they 'play' with each other heaps.  By play, I mean they fight over who's got what, who's too close to 'their' Granddad or Griffin!   Dante is very possessive of his people.
Seeing Mike and Joyce was wonderful.
Sewing today was wonderful.
And I am almost finished the Ballerina project for Rena.
nite nite

8 comments:

  1. Interesting that you were able to find out the info about the bus crash. I know it was traumatic for you when it happened so probably good for you to know this information.
    It sounds like you have a busy day no matter what you decide to get up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH! I wish I had known you were in Palmy, I would have come over and got my groceries and had a coffee with you, oh well there is always next time ;) I am glad you had a lovely break with your friends. I am sorry about the dramas with family though, although I am very happy you are continuing to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:06 AM

    Wot is Joyce a professional netball player like Mike? Or do they have day jobs aswell? I mean how much do prof. players earn anyways?

    Annita Patel, Bradford

    ReplyDelete
  4. See there was wasted hours on the bus you could have knitted crotchet, read slept, anything! lol Hope Griffin and Brylee enjoy themselves today what a neat prize... Have fun with the littlies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm no expert with cameras so I know what you mean. My previous camera Canon S100 was really dummy-friendly and altho' I shot in Manual mode, I didn't really understand what I was doing. I have a entry level Nikon dslr now which was a good price. But to shoot in Manual mode you have to understand what you are doing. So I've been shooting in Aperture Priority mode which I encourage you to try. It's fairly easy and good for regular shots. (not action) In this mode, you decide what f stop to shoot at. Just remember the smaller the f numbers, the more light you let in the camera. So for very bright rooms, you don't need such a small number. With Aperture Priority, the camera will calculate the shutter speed & ISO for you but you can set limits. Take the same shot with different f numbers to see the difference in the quality of image and check out the shutter speed/ISO calculated for you. For actions shots, it's much harder. You need to shoot in Shutter Priority Mode. I'm still quite bad at that. Youtube has lots of videos if you are tired of going thru' your manual. Just search your camera model. You'll be surprised. I learned how to use mine thru youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:21 PM

    That bus crash must have been frightening! Wow!!! Glad no one was on the street too~
    hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh thanks for the update. You know around here these things take years and years and years... I mean unless the media's covering it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How many days have you ate that for lunch now? I always get sick of things after about the 3rd day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.