Sunday, September 01, 2013

SUNDAY SLEEP IN?

Not likely!
Miss Keera needs to be fed and changed... so this Grandma has to get up bright and early.

As it doesn't happen that often, I don't mind.

So far it's been a really LOVELY weekend.  First our day trip to Hamilton, lunch with Kelly and Rena, and now wee Miss Keera is here for the day.

I love that.  Dante and Keera may not be the best of friends yet, but one day it will be so.
Right now... they act like the other one is a toy, or someone to fight with.  If one has a certain toy, you can bet ya bottom dollar the other one wants it!

So cute.


 ABOVE:  I just LOVE making these darling wee collages of the babies.

I was trying to give Keera her bottle before bed last night, but she kept refusing it.  She wanted to be looking at Steve who was talking... so I just dumped her in his lap with the bottle:

And the little madam took it from him.  It looked a bit weird them feeding a 'pink' baby!   lol
I wonder if they will get a wee baby girl next time?  
That won't be for a while though.

Now, as we have Keera all day... I am not sure if we have any out 'n' about plans.
I know I'd like to give the new Bread Maker a go today.
Herb bread I think...

ONWARD...

It's FATHER'S DAY HERE.  Bex and I bought our men a Canterbury Rugby Shirt each.  They look really nice too.

Steve is getting bacon & eggs, cooked by Bex. Stew is having pancakes he cooked himself!
I'm not the most devoted wife it would appear.
lol
He even made the bed.  Last out has to make it in this house.  

Keera slept all night apart from a couple grizzles at 1am and 6am... I didn't get up to her though... and she slept in till 8.30, which is just fine by me.

It's Inorganic Collection time again... so Stew and I have spent the last couple of hours taking all junk we don't want to keep out to the curb. And as fast as we put it out, trucks and cars full of people were coming along and taking it away for scrap metal and the like.
I doubt much will be left for the City Council to pick up during the week by the look of it.

It was a good morning though, we have got so much more room in the 'Dungeon' now!
We call the storage room under the house our 'Dungeon' by the way.  *smiles*

I'm now going to take a little break, then bake us some bread.


ABOVE:  I took this photo 15 minutes ago.... so we shall have hot fruit bread ready at about 4.30 this afternoon.  
THEN I'm going to put on another loaf of Herb Bread for lunches tomorrow.

Exciting!  I know... it doesn't take much to excite me now days.  

Miss Muppet has been safely returned to Lacy, and now I am sitting here smelling hot bread baking!  It is an amazing smell.... *drool*
I can't wait to see it.  I chose a 'medium' coloured crust and the loaf itself is a 'Medium' size.
NOT A SUCCESS.   I heard the 'beep beep' to indicate cooking time was over, but I didn't wait for the 'END' to stop flashing, so the loaf was not quite cooked in the middle.

I'm not sure if it was a fault of taking it out of the pan too soon, or I put too much liquid in?  
I tried my best to keep to the recipe faithfully though, so I don't think that was the problem.

I'm going to make another shortly, just a herb/garlic loaf.  I hope it works better.

Feeling a wee bit let down by my first loaf.  *sad face*


End of Day:  I have to wait another 2 hours until the 2nd loaf is cooked... shame I really just want to go to bed right now.  Should of thought of that before I put it on.
Oh well... I'm sure I can find something to do for two hours.
nite nite

4 comments:

  1. I never tire of looking at your grandbabies:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute they look Dante and Keera and Griffin, cute pink onesie too! Hope the day is family filled fun for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:04 PM

    We used to make toast out of the loaves that didn't cook through. Bec

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a very old Panasonic bread maker and love it. Few false starts but now we get perfect results every time. The only problem we have however is to find a way of keeping it fresh for the next day. The crust goes very hard indeed.
    I am looking forward to hearing about your different types of loaves as we mostly do the same all the time. Your herb and garlic sounds amazing
    Happy bread making.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.