Monday, October 29, 2012

BLISSFUL DAY AHEAD

Yaaaa.... the kids go back to school today, and of course the guys are at work, Bex is still in Hamilton this week... so it's just me and Teddy, Coco and the pups till 3pm.   I'm going to love it!

Steve took some photos of Brylee and Griffin yesterday in the Mitre 10 Ute:



 ABOVE:  it's a racing Ute, hence the heavy duty inner bars and harnesses.  


ABOVE: Darling wee Bodhi just started solids... isn't he just so damn gorgeous!  I can't believe in about 38 days or so I am going to finally be able to hold him and his toddler sister.    

Lacy has the Plunket Nurse coming around this morning, so she is going to see if the nurse thinks Keera can go on some solids too.  She is still way too fussy with her bottle and not taking much at all... so having solids added to her diet might be a good idea.

Steve and Mike started solids at 3 months too... I just couldn't satisfy them with breast milk by then!  BIG HUNGRY boys!


There's lots to get done today, quite a bit of washing, cleaning floors... and hopefully even some sewing.

Or..... I might just lie down in the sun (if we have any!) and bask in the silence!  


ABOVE:  how funny is this?  It made me smile. 

ONWARD...

Well... if ya live in Auckland you will already know this.  I won't be lying in the sun today, that's for sure.  It's WET.  Has been all night long.  But I don't care.
It's gunna be an awesome day anyway!  I am having a go at sorting out Xmas presents while no one is around.

I'm knackered.  I decided to go to the mall and get a few things for Xmas... I have NO INTENTION of wrapping a single thing this year!  I LOATHE wrapping presents.... it's the one thing I hate the most about Xmas.. well that and the expense of it all!

And in this house it never stops at Xmas cos our kids birthdays are in Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, June, Oct, and 2 in November!  And then there's the Grandkids too... and we have more and more getting born each year!  

So... I bought Xmas bags instead of wrapping paper.  It was well worth the cost, though I don't think it's worked out any dearer getting bags.

Right, time to feed the dogs and puppies...

3pm.  The kids can be heard coming up the driveway... so what does Teddy do?  He starts barking and howling like he was being killed!  That set Coco off too... and the pups all panicked and started whimpering... OMG Teddy is driving me mental.
He HAS an anti-bark collar on... but because his neck is so fluffy it didn't stop him at all.  So out came the grooming kit and I shaved his neck back to almost skin.  God help him now if he barks!

If there is one thing I really can't stand about Teddy it's his barking at the drop of a hat.  He's lucky to still be alive cos right now I feel like killing him.

After silencing Teddy, I set about making dinner:  Australian Beef Schnitzel... gorgeous meat... messy... long job getting them ready for the frying pan.
Made so much there is enough left over for the men's lunches for the next few days!

I've been trying to get photos of the pups.  I took 323 photos of Jazz this afternoon... and I got 4 really good ones for the Trade Me advert.  Now I've just finished taking photos of Chilli.  What a little bugger he is.  He spent most of the time shoving his face into the blanket. Grrrrrr.  

Now I'm going to try getting photos of Minty!
No luck with Minty, he was too tired after dinner.  So I will have another go at his photos tomorrow afternoon.

End of Day:  Stew is thrilled to bits with the weather forecast!  Sunshine all week, and on Saturday?  Rain.  That was sarcasm BTW.
It always seems to be the way of it... he's stuck inside an office all week and the weather is so nice, then when he's at home... it rains.
Oh well... summer is coming!
nite nite.

7 comments:

  1. A nothing day sounds divine BUT im betting you don't just do nothing.... whatever you turn your hand at have a quiet day how is Keeras mark on her chest is it getting bigger/smaller?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Lacy thinks Keera is ready for solids she should go ahead & introduce them regardless of what the plunket nurse says. I find the plunket nurses were pretty rigid in what they felt/was in their manual and anything out of that resulted in tutting. We started Samyson on solids quite early, probably about 3 months or so & the Plunket nurse told us off & said it was too early - way to make 2 new parents with no family support feel better!!!

    For the record the kid is as healthy as a horse, not overweight, has no food allergies or any of the other things she threatened us may happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chris the other thing to do is make some Santa Sacks out of fabric with each persons name on it and recycle the santa sack each year with the persons gift in side??? So then the sack stays at your house ready for the new year??
    Maybe when the bags have worn out that you have already brought?
    Or adapt a pillow case with there name on front in christmas material and make it drawstring at the top???

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:32 PM

    That is a great idea about the bags at Xmas.My DIL's mother(in Au)did that one year when all the family and Grand children were there.Not the waste of wrapping paper.Enjoy your quiet time.

    Southgirl.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just caught up with all your news. Lovely babies, cute puppies, you are always so busy, you deserve a restful day (or two). x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how big Brylee & Griffin have gotten! Bodhi looks like a little angel, just snoozing away. So sweet!

    Christmas... it's just around the corner! I haven't even begun to think of gifts let alone purchase any. Add to that my daughter's first birthday at the end of December. We will have a busy couple of months coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how big Brylee & Griffin have gotten! Bodhi looks like a little angel, just snoozing away. So sweet!

    Christmas... it's just around the corner! I haven't even begun to think of gifts let alone purchase any. Add to that my daughter's first birthday at the end of December. We will have a busy couple of months coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.