Wednesday, June 10, 2009

PRETTY IN BLUE....

ABOVE: this is Gloria.... my Patchwork Tutor. She's in her early 60's (doesn't she look good!), she has 7 grown kids.... anyway, yesterday she gave me a little present by way of a 'Thank You' for taking her to Morrinsville etc, last week on our material buying trip.

She must have a great sense on humour, she already knows me so well, cos this is what she bought me:

IN BLUE (cos she knows I love blue): A Belly Button Warmer, NIPPLE WARMERS, and..... A WILLY WARMER!!!! What a crack up!

Today I am going to stay home (!), do housework, read blogs, and maybe sew! YAAAA.

- Teddy has his collar back on as he's scratched himself silly under his chin and made a huge mess.

- I did indeed have to take my new sewing machine back to the shop... I talked about that on Monday.

- Griffin is called "Griffin" or "Dude" ... but never "Griff"... just wanted to clarify that.

- THANK YOU Sassy (blush) for your comment yesterday!

- The 'sharts' are gone.. thank you Karen Deborah.

Isn't it amazing what you can get done if you JUST STAY AT HOME? I'm thrilled with how much 'crap' I have managed to do this morning.

I am taking Teddy to the Vet at midday.. he's just not a happy wee boy... I am wondering if his allergies are playing up ... even though he's on Prednisone. The vet can check him out for me ....

SO... it's the same old story at the Vet's... more prednisone.. then try to wean him off it. He's put on over a kilo in the last month, so he's going on a diet too. Poor bugger.

I'm doing the vacuming... I've piled stuff up on the furniture cos I also want to wash the floors.... Teddy could have sat on a lounge chair by this sofa... but instead he has slouched himself over it and his butt is on the windowsill:

He doesn't even LOOK comfortable... but then... he's pissed off with me for taking him to the Vets.

See? He's giving me the 'evil look'... Pfffffffff... MEN! (or BOY dogs, same thing)!

I'm knackered!

- I gassed up my car... at a petrol station with NO GAS! I had to wait for the tanker to arrive.... I couldn't leave cos my gas light had been on for over a day and I didn't think I'd make it to the next gas station. DOH

- I sent my old sewing machine off with the couriers.

- I bought a set of weights for Stew on Trademe and arranged payment/pickup.

- Dog to and from Vet

- kids picked up (lucky I didn't forget)

- Garage re-arranged, oil spill cleaned up (me car has a leak)

- ALL the bloody housework is done! I am a machine!

And now?

I am going to park my bum in me lounge chair and relax. So. There.

End of Day: didn't sit in the lounge chair afterall. Getting a bloody cold. nite nite.

21 comments:

  1. A willy warmer? what a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good thing it can sure make a mess of your day! that was a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pressies from Gloria, how funny!

    Well done on the price you got for the old sewing machine, you must be pleased! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are hilarious gifts! Makes it even better that they're blue too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL how cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :::HMMM:::
    lOUNGE CHAIR SOUNDS lIKE A PLAN!
    My goodness you wear me out just reading about your days. Love the "warmers" HILARIOUS.
    Your pup looks like one of scruffs named Sassy I scooped poo for :) Like I said...Never take 'em to a kennel...EVER.
    Love-n-Much
    ♥No-More-Shit-Shoveling-MJ :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve4:55 PM

    Haha told you there was an oil leak in your car, but oh no you were sure there wasn't, guess you should have listened to the Steve aye mother lol, im just that fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my apologies to Griffin, no insult intended.

    I should also apologise for missing the earlier bit about taking the machine to the shop - as I hadn't read you blog for a few days (and I was at work when I finally did) I admit, I skimmed (the shame of it all!) and the only bit I missed was, of course, the sentence about going to the shop! Silly girl!

    Glad it's all worked out anyway, and poor little Teddy, hope he gets over his sulks soon. He is so lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a busy day!

    Best think to clean up oil leaks - kitty litter, it is cheap & works brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I thought I'd been busy! I'm pooped just reading your blog. You are one busy lady!

    Poor Teddy, allergies are aweful, aren't they. I hope they figure out what's bugging the poor little guy. He is adorable though, even with his cone on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the warmers how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blimey! I've said it before and I'll say it again: I wish you could bottle your energy and post some across the ditch to me! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love your warmers! A woman has to keep her parts warm!Don't forget to use them!:)))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do we get a fashion show of the warmers?!!!!!!!!!

    I hope Stew likes blue as much as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL ... what a lovely present - I can almost hear your brain ticking over with how you can start sewing some to sell at local markets - or on trademe :-)

    Oh poor teddy - hope he doesn't suffer too much with the dieting, we really need to do that with Tara, she eats everything in sight and then begs the kids for their food too.

    No more quiet days for you - they're too exhausting ... lol ... I had one of those days today too but didn't do much except find my desk under all the rubbish.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous1:31 AM

    SWINE FLU!!!! I HAVE IT TOO LOL!!! LOTS OF LEMSIP, HONEY AND WRAPPING UP WARM IN FRONT OF THE TELLY, THATS WHAT YOU NEED. LOVE FROM CHRIS IN MELBOURNE XOX:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those gifts are hysterical!

    I hope Teddy forgives you quickly because he is just too darn cute to not want to pet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A woman with a sense of humor, thats just what we all need. What a busy day! That dog looks so sad, poor fellow. Hope he gets his allergies under control. Sorry to hear the sewing machine is acting up again! Good luck getting that straightened out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I ♥ ♥ ♥ Gloria! She is hilarious! And yes you are a MACHINE an AMAZING MACHINE!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I thought prednisone caused weight gain. It did for my sis. A diet and itchy skin sounds like double miserable, poor guy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Catching up on ya blogs Chris. Your 'sewing room' is so neat and tidy. I must tidy my house today.. oh after I've been to see Mr Wright's fabrics...

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.