Saturday, May 02, 2009

WHAT? I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY!

"Be Buggered If I Can See Any Resemblance......"


Today we are going out and about... to Onehunga... another area of Auckland. Stew is working on my Mother's Day Present... we don't usually 'do' Mother's/Father's Day much... but this year I decided he could get me an extension table for my sewing machine! And the only place we can get one is Onehunga it would appear. So, that's where we are off to today, to get my machine measured up for an extension table.
It's not like he hasn't been given a hint eh? This has been up on the Whiteboard for oooooh ... about a month already! *smiles*

While we are over there no doubt we will have a look-see around.

I lived in Onehunga 30 years ago when I was pregnant with Amanda, my first. Didn't stay there long though. We moved... a lot. Next kid was born in Wanganui, then Avondale, then Rotorua, then Te Awamutu then finally Hamilton! Is that all of them? Yeah, I reckon. Let's not count Brylee and Griffin!

ONWARD....today's biggest challenge will be food of course! But, I am feeling great, somehow in control. That's freaky.


WHAT FUN! We have been out for hours...first off, we went to Onehunga to order an Extension Table for my sewing machine ($200)... BUT.... I saw this little bugger:

It does EVERYTHING and has a built in EXTENSION TABLE.... So... (hanging head in shame)... I am not going to spend $200 on an Extension Table for my machine.... I'm going to spend $3,000 on a NEW MACHINE! Someone shoot me now! I can't get it RIGHT NOW.... but I will be getting it! I decided it was worth it as my machine, while only a year old, is not able to handle some of the bigger jobs I want it to do, so the new one will be perfect, and I'm not likely to need to upgrade ever again.

So, after 'drooling' over the new machine.. we stopped at a patchwork shop and I bought a couple of fat quarters, then we went to Sylvia Park for lunch (I had a very healthy Kebab). Then... Spotlight for more material for the Seahorse Project and then home. *sigh*. I'm knackered now.

14 comments:

  1. Just love the picture!!!!! ROFLMAO
    Enjoy the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brylee and Griffin must be eating some gold-plated chips! I don't spend that much on food! You must have very good taste. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Stew enjoy his bad taste evening!!!!!!

    Glad you explained how he came by such an outfit otherwise I would have been really worried about you two.

    You are such a breath of fresh air and nearly always good for a good laugh or at least a chuckle.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're lucky. Pass me some strength. I've polished off about 3,000 cookies today. meh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - I'm a bit slow, I didn't get the picture at first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zowie woman your man must make some serious money. No credit cards right?
    Anyway I just finished a week of work and read your last comment at my blog and cracked up.
    YEAH I ATE ALL THAT! We can eat big in the south and cook big and grow big corn fed behinds. Got one to prove it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ♥ that you give hints to what you want...I probably have been doing it wrong for 34 years...what a wonderful machine....that would be awesome! I love all the words you use that are uncommon to me...I get a huge kick from them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the pic chris and glad you enjoyed your day out shopping hmmmm i see alot of quilts comming in the future from the new machine very noice !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are certainly clocking up some kilometres travelling about... Well done on the eating front... dont you feel much better when you eat well!
    I hope Stew gets to blow $3000 on something he would like too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, if the blokes were made to add up how much money has been spent on their "essentials" like all those tools in the shed that only get used once in a blue moon.....Like my Ricky with all his "have to have" accessories for his Triton work bench......the sewing machine would be a drop in the ocean!!!.....God, I love my thinking:).........
    and then, in my husbands case.....there is the golf fees, green fees and assorted clubs etc etc

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhh glad you are being so good, me now I have fallen off the wagon today!
    I am sure you'll get plenty of use out of the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL ... and there I was thinking you were going to say that you went out for a sewing machine table and ended up buying out the whole shop ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A new sewing machine . . . how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice choice. Will they let you lay by it? It's lovely!

    **jealous!** :-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.