Monday, May 11, 2009

FRANGIPANI PROJECT... THE START

Someone asked me if I would show Step-By-Step how I do my 'stuff'.... so I will I suppose!
The above photo is just all the 'raw' materials, pictures I have gotten off the 'net etc .... and from here I will set about sussing out how it will all 'fit' together. I know in general how I want it to be arranged.... but it will really just develop as I go along.

Because I love bling... it will have some crystals SOMEWHERE on it.... and for a change... not much (if any) blue! But you never know, I might be able to slip some in somewhere!

Today I will be doing my 'normal' monday morning cleaning routine...

Then I will do some sewing I suppose.

ONWARD...When we moved into this house I was told by the moving men that the only way the spare Queen sized bed would fit in the spare bedroom was putting it with the tailboard facing the door. I accepted that. It has been a right pain in the butt that way... you could only access the bed from one side... so this morning I tried it around the other way ... you know, the way I was told it wouldn't fit! It fits.


AND in fact it fits even better this way, and you can access the bed from BOTH sides now. Why do I listen to people? I always wanted it this way.

So far this morning I have re-arranged the above room...

Vacumed and washed all the floors....

Folded the bloody washing! (I want a medal for this)....

And now I'm about to vacum the lounge.....

I have also turned the heater on... cos it's wet, cold and miserable. So, that's me morning taken care of.

*** PEPSI UPDATED***

It's a grey miserable day... but I'm rather happy! I got all the housework done... the kids are home from school and I'm not cooking much for dinner tonight!

Stew made dinner last night and I am paying for it today! He cooked me lots of onions (I love them)... but today!!! I am farting like you WOULD NOT BELIEVE! Even I'm sick of it. Luckily I have had no visitors today is all I can say.

Dinner is going to be soup... and toast. No farts involved. (ha ha, I'm not a lady eh? *smiles*)

End of Day: it's freakin cold... I'm glad it's nearly bedtime. nite nite.

18 comments:

  1. Looks lovely can't wait to see it finished. Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this will be fun to watch in progress! Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing this take shape. Our niece loves frangipanis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris, You are so talented, can't wait to see the end project. Glad you had a good Mothers Day and you didn't have to cook the tea. Have a great day.. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! YOu're all over it for a monday morning. Your house looks gorgeous! Hope you had a wonderful mother's day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How appropriate! I "blinged" you today!

    Still Mother's Day here, and I'm wishing you the best!

    xo

    ATM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You've done all that and it's still Sunday here. :)

    Busy girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. holy cow you wear me out! Happy Mothers Day Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou Chris! Can't wait to see the project take shape.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your thoughts Chris - they are really appreciated.
    - not sure what lies ahead.... one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geez you are wonder woman! That room does look great, and your house is so clean! You'd feel dirty just having a coffee at my place! lol
    What does 'Pepsi updated' mean?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3:28 AM

    You amaze me in all the stuff you do. I'm turning off this darn computer and kicking my butt into gear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the pics at the end of your post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm exhausted reading about all your housework and the frangipani project. I just finished up some laundry today too. There will be more tomorrow though. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why do moving guys always think they know everything? I got the same story once too. Love the spare bedroom now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have such a beautiful home Chris! I LOVE the beautiful wood floors and your kitchen! Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you got a lot done! I have about 10 loads of laundry. I want a medal too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want your kitchen!

    What is Frangipani?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.