Friday, April 03, 2009

ON TRACK


I AM ONLY A COUPLE OF DAYS "ON TRACK" ...But I am feeling so good! So empowered again... LONG MAY IT LAST.

Do I think I can maintain this feeling? YES

Why? Cos I feel different .... I feel as if finally I WANT TO DO IT (again) ... for myself, for my family, for my continuing health... shit for the clothes shopping!

My knees had started to hurt again...last time that happened I was almost 130 kilos! Stuff going back to that .... I could feel it happening... and I felt so sad, angry, despondent, powerless and just fat and ugly! NO MORE pissing around ya Tart, you can do it!

I am doing boring old housework today, and I must... must... must go grocery shopping! We are getting down to the dregs in the pantry... a good chance for me to stock up on healthy food.

I walked the kids to school as per usual, but today.... cos I'm MOTIVATED... I continued on for a good 30 minute walk. I say good cos I chose to walk up the steepest/longest hill in our suburb... it's called HILL ROAD... no shit..it's a big hill!

I took a couple of photos along the way:

ABOVE: this is the view at the top of Hill Road, looking towards the Bombay ranges. NOTICE... not a cloud in the sky!

ABOVE: "My House, My Castle" on top of Hill Road. When I first saw this house I thought it was a bit pretentious, but it has grown on me and now I rather like it.


ABOVE: Yes, Teddy came too! I knew he would get too tired for my walk, so I did the only practical thing... sat him in the pushchair! Works for me. HEY... notice he isn't wearing that friggin cone on his head? I do believe we are finally winning the war on his allergies thanks to the steroids daily. What a relief.

I have been shopping... *sigh*... I didn't get what I wanted originally today... but I did score something else instead! Will show ya tomorrow....

Time to go and pick up the kids.....

And now... it's the end of the day... and I'm ready for me bed.... nite nite.

21 comments:

  1. Good fo ryou Chris. I love hearing you so positive. You must tell us more about the new satisfaction plan from WW. I don't know anything about it. What is it focussing on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Good for you girl! Wanna pass some of that mojo onto me?? I'm still not in the right headspace to get back on the wagon ... again! But it will happen eventually.

    Enjoy life and I'll send ya a wave when i drive past today (based in Manukau station)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive caught your bug, I am ready and willing to do this again, its all about eating filling foods, wish me luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAYYYY! Continued prayers for your mum, don't forget to update later ok?

    Sounds like quite the outing yesterday... LOL Fancy that shopowner letting you write your "tart" friend :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling so good, yay!!
    Now if we could just get you off that diet coke.......lol
    Well done Chris!
    Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I wish there was a WW meeting near me at a time convienient for me ....sigh!
    Teddy is soooo precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you feel good about yourself again.

    I love the fact the only things I have seen in your pushchair are your sewing machine and your dog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a fantastic feeling when the motivation kicks in like that!! You can do it Chris, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL love the pic with the dog and good for you going on the extra walk :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those photos, you are my inspiration of the day. Mellisa just kicked my arse via email and you just showed me that it just has to be done. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the dog in the stroller! I'm trying to get my mom to get one for her old decrepit pug.

    Glad to hear you're feeling great, it feels so good to be on track!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:18 PM

    Teddy in the pram - LOL! Gold!!!

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2:28 PM

    Chris, Please tell me "What is a fat quarter"

    Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous10:31 PM

    Hi Chris

    m sure that you are glad to be back on track.Keep up the diet! Don't give up as only you can do it. Thinking of you.

    Take care
    Dominique x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey you... I'm so glad that you are in control and life is happier these days. Nothing like a natter with other ladies huh?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, great news. I knew you could do it and you are an inspiration to me to keep at it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You go girl !!

    I'm finding that my motivation is picking up, especially now that the weather is nicer..

    That pushchair thing works really well, doesn't it!!

    I ave to giggle sometimes, though ... at the looks on people's faces when they realise that my 'baby; is not quite the 'baby' that they wee expecting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Since I had to carry Scarlett "Dicky Knee" halfway home last night on my walk I am going to copy you and get her a doggy pusher!! Harry is sooooo fat and he needs to walk but I can't make Scarlett go that far with her poor little knees....thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know how hard diets are, on one myself. I think I have been on one for most of my adult life. You are beautiful any day of the week no matter what you weigh! I just keep telling myself it is for my health. Who's gonna take care of my family if I can't. I know you have Stew and he is wonderful, but think of yourself for a while. You are ALWAYS taking care of someone else. It is now your time!!! (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that "life" picture, so i nicked it :oÞ
    That castle house is awesome. How could you think it's pretentious? I'd love to have the guts [and funds] to build a house like that! John might not think that though lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that castle house. I think I would like living there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.