Monday, February 16, 2009

MONDAYS, I LOVE MONDAYS

I'm absolutely POSITIVE I've said that before! Coming up with a new day's title is DIFFICULT SOMETIMES , ya know?

LOL... Stew goes to work, kids go to school and I am left here at home to make it all TIDY again after they have been home all weekend.

So, that means I love Mondays! I can get my house all spic and span again.... and I can have some 'me' time without other people annoying the hell outta me! Much as I love my family... ya just need some peace and quiet too.

I have to pop out and get a refund from the Art Class too... still looking around for an alternative class... but havn't found one yet. I am still so very disappointed about that.

Nothing else to report yet... so I will bugger off ...

Right.. I have made a decision... If I can, I am going to change to a patchwork class this term... so now I have to hope that the ladies (I'm sure there won't be any men) .. in the class are not all total fuddy duddies. I may look 50 on the outside, but I sure in hell don't feel it on the inside! I hope I don't live to regret going! My Aunt goes to this patchwork class... so at least I will know someone...

I am going to patchwork tomorrow... I have bought some 'fat quarters'... material pieces... and for now I am shelving the art class.
I am once again fuming... will tell you all about it tomorrow... on this here blog cos it's not THAT PERSONAL! *lol*


I am making meatloaf for dinner... I wonder if Griffin will notice the broccoli? He vomits when he eats broccoli...!


WHOOPS..! Once again I got carried away and forgot I wasn't feeding an army! Luckily, it freezes well... and I have just saved myself a few days of preparing dinner eh? lol

"My Meatloaf" .. cos I have been asked a few times, just reduce the quantities for a small family!:

2.5 kg mince, 1 kg sausage meat, 5-6 big potatoes - grated, 3 big onions finely chopped, 3 large carrots - grated, 6 tomatoes chopped up, 1 whole spring onion finely chopped, spinach leaves chopped up, broccoli finely chopped.... any other veges you want to add..... 3-4 cups fine dry breadcrumbs, 10 eggs, about 2 tablespoons dry beef stock, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 tablespoon mixed herbs, 1 tin tomatoe puree.... all mixed together by hand and put in suitable ovenproof dishes and covered with tin foil.

Bake at 200 deg C for about 1.5 hours, then remove the tin foil and bake for a further 20-30 mins. OH! I added chopped up bacon too today, about half a kilo. See ... you can add anything!

***I started to feel "uncomfortable" with divulging so much personal info on my private blog... so I have deleted it. My apologies to you who bothered to get invited to read it! ***

End of Day: The ups and Downs of life... just the usual really. Diet... spot on! Griffin LOVED my meatloaf! No vomiting in sight! lol. nite nite.

10 comments:

  1. I love Monday's too. It's only early Sunday morning here though! And everyone has tomorrow off for a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:06 AM

    I love Mondays as well. The patchwork things sounds good, I have the same issues here with clubs being full of 80 year olds, not that there is anything wrong with that, I just would like to interact with the 30 to 40 year olds.... more in common have a great day.

    TinaQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, it's Presidents' Day here so we'll have the day off. When it's Monday. Which it isn't yet. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for the patchwork class, at least you still get to do somthing you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Chris, got your invite, can you swap email addys to missmariecooper AT gmail DOT com? That way I can comment =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. To buy all those ingredients here it would cost you about $60! I hope they were yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one HUMUNGOUS meatloaf!!!!! Sounds yummy. Annoying about the art class but at least you can USE patchwork! And I'm sure you can borrow some books from the library to give you the basics for painting. You obviously have an eye for colour and design and have an artistic flair .... so go for it, girly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah for getting veggies past the boy! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a big fan of Mondays. Weekend always seems to disappear too quickly. Although I haven't been up to much of late. Unlike alot of people we won't get a day off till Easter. There are only 8 official holidays here, the majority take place in June and July. Boo hoo!

    Supper looks good. Glad to hear the kid kept it down. What they don't know won't kill them.

    Sorry to hear you class got cancelled.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY - thanks for the meatloaf recipe, i'm going to try it soon.

    What???? You're 50???? ;-) And there I was thinking you didn't look a day over 45!

    Well done on the patchwork class - can't wait to see the results of your work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.