Sunday, December 07, 2008

TIME TO GO HOME....

Being back in Palmerston North has been .... interesting. I don't think I've been gone long enough for it to feel like I'm a 'visitor'.... I have run into several people in the street who I know and it was just like old times, as if I was still living here.

I wonder how I will feel when I fly into Auckland tonight? I had a moment yesterday when I really really missed Brylee and Griffin... but it passed in ... oh about a nano-second! It has been lovely having a complete break from all the 'normalicy' of me life... but I will be happy to get home again.

I'm actually looking forward to getting our Christmas Tree up! I usually put it up just days before Christmas and take it down a day or so later! Mess, can't stand a mess! But this year I am really looking forward to getting it out and titivating the house with decorations.

It's been a shame I couldn't post photos while I've been down here... but I do have a few for tomorrow's post once I'm home. YAAA.. me blog has been looking decidedly WEIRD without me photos.
Right, I'm off to get on with me day...

No plans for today, just plan on spending time with my mate Chris D....

Chris D and I went to town.... I bought some music DVD's and movies so I can watch/listen to them while I am on the treadmill and exercycle once I get home.
Had lunch with Mike and Steve, then back to the house to spend the rest of my time with Chris D.

Chris D got a brand new computer last week.. she got it home and......HMMMMM ... it just won't go! So my son Steve popped in this afternoon and got it going... HOW? He turned on the POWER switch!!! Chris had not been able to find it obviously! She had turned on the screen OK, but that was all. No wonder it didn't 'work'...lol. She is now happily checking out her new computer. Awwwwwww. We gave her such a hard time over it! NICELY you understand! You gotta laugh sometimes.

Catching the 'plane in about 2 hours so I better bugger off and pack me bag....

I am home.. flight was good, read all the way, didn't even close me eyes on takeoff and landing..... Stew and the kids picked me up... and what was waiting for me when I got home:

Wine, magazines and roses.... Hmmmmmm.... wonder what HE wants???? ha ha ha. We all KNOW I'm a two glass wonder when it comes to wine! He MIGHT just get lucky!

End of Day: he assures me the wine was not to get me legs spread! Yeah Right !!!! NITE NITE.

7 comments:

  1. Yep, I've missed photos, too. But I know it's you blogging... those colours changing every paragraph... your interesting twists on words... Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh enjoy the last of your time there - it's good that you had this opportunity to have some time out for yourself, you deserve it!

    Looking forward to seeing the photos when you get back.

    So glad that all went well with the funeral - i'm sure Chris D has found a lot of comfort in having you with her these past few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you have enjoyed yourself even though there was a funeral involved. Your friend is very lucky to have you, Chris. Looking forward to your photos when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your having a nice visit. can't wait to see the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, a break from the norm is fun, but returning home is always nice too.

    can't wait to see your photos.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't feel surreal being in PN? Like it's the twilight zone or something?

    We usualy put our tree up in late nov but i've been really slack this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well the real question is...did it work?

    Glad to have the pics as well!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.