Tuesday, April 08, 2008

DARN SMOKE ALARMS

I could hear this annoying little bleep, I knew it was a smoke alarm, so I sat under the most likely one... sure enough it bleeped, so I got it down and changed it's battery... YIPEE JOB DONE.

Bleep, bleep.... shit on it! So I sit under another one, no.. not that one, then the next one, bleep bleep... yes ! Change it's battery.... YIPEE JOB DONE.

Bleep, bleep... goddam it ! Upstairs I go, sit under that one... bleep, bleep.... gotcha! In all I changed 4 smoke alarm batteries...I had already done two last week. So now we are all safe again, and tonight I will sleep without hearing that annoying little BLEEP!

Today:
- kids to school
- take more 'stuff' to the op shop and junk to the dump
- de-clutter some more ... back shed I think! I can't believe it, but I am almost at the end of the BIG DE-CLUTTER! Stew is going to be SO impressed!

I want to stick around home for the next two or three days, I am expecting my SKATES from Canada any day now!!!!

YIPEE!!! During my de-cluttering I have found something very precious to me! It's a 'fan/hat' that I bought while visiting my brother in Singapore some years ago.... huge sentimental value you understand? Not something I would EVER wear in public! But it was darn handy as a fan in Singapore's hot weather!
Folded up..............................half open as a fan.................and as a hat.
Not very flattering... lol.
AHHH JADEY: there speaks a brunette... I be a BLONDE eh? LOL Yes I should have just replaced all the batteries at the same time, I know, I know.
It's been a quiet day, had a visit from a girlfriend who is shrinking something AMAZING... she had stomach bypass surgery about 6 months ago and is doing so well! I had a nana nap this afternoon too.... was feeling ever so tired. Now it's just chill out till dinner time for the kids....
End of Day: joyful..NOT... Brylee threw up in her bed tonight.. had to bath her and wash her hair... then all the bedding from her bed... and I'm tired and grumpy as per usual, and throw in Lonely too.... the evenings are the worst time. I would HATE to be on my own all the time!
NSV: errrr NONE ... same old same oh. nite nite.

15 comments:

  1. Holy crap, that's a lot of smoke detectors! I would be going mad too trying to find where the beeping was coming from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting to wonder if maybe you need a new smoke alarm rather than just new batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we sold the house last week after a few more interesting stories. Hey where are your skates coming from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. go you with the de-cluttering!! I need to do that to.

    Skates!! awesome fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with your de-cluttering. Hope you find some other long lost treasures today ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! What an infuriating morning!
    Glad you solved the mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that hat is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wouldn't it have been easier to just replace every battery? LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hat ... lol ... wouldn't wear it in public heh?? why not?? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've done that before. How hard would it be for the vendor to have the color of LED change color when the battery needs to be replaced? That would save a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That fan hat is an interesting idea? Even if not very flattering!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. De-cluttering ... oh, yes. That's been at the top of my to-do list for years. I've got to get serious about it. My sons have already figured that I have a serious hoarding disorder. I need a big dumpster and about a week of serious effort.

    I'm going to start de-cluttering right away.

    Well, maybe tomorrow. Or the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. See you been super busy. Sorry to hear the little one is not well. Hope she is feeling better soon. I usually change the batteries on the smoke detector when the time changes, that way they get done and no beeping is heard. Do hope you skates show up soon. The hat is surely very special. All the best for a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You could seriously use that hat to your advantage. Wear it to the local market when you are in a bad mood and just DARE anyone to look at you the wrong way...

    At least you changed the batteries in the detectors, I know too many people who would have just took the batteries out to stop the noise and not replace them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.