Sunday, May 13, 2007

MOTHER'S DAY... AND LEECHES

Ah it's Mother's Day... and I got up and made me own breakfast, fed the kids and made the beds! Ha ha ha.

Another wet day in Coffs Harbour!!! It hasn't rained so much in weeks/months.... till we arrived. Typical, and the forecast is for more rain.... bliss! Might have to go to the movies tomorrow just to get out of the house and amuse the kids.

They have bloody leeches here! We go for a walk around the house, it's in the bush ... and we get leeches latching on to us! Griffin has had two on him, nasty little things they are! They give me the creeps... and last night I was standing beside a window yakking to Mum and I glanced towards the window and nearly leapt outta me skin, shrieked and leap away cos there was a bloody huge spider on the window! Turned out to be a Huntsman (?) .. gawd they got some nasty critters here! Now I thought it was huge, the locals reckon it was just a baby.... stuff meeting a grown up one then! lol

With the weather being so crappy, it's becoming a bit of a strain in the house with two older people who are used to peace and quiet, and two little kids who are not used to being cooped up inside... so my stress levels are climbing slowly but surely.... but at least it's taking my mind off some other stressful things, like waiting for my biopsy results eh! We get home on the 21st and I have an Ultra Sound on the 22nd, and should have the biopsy results by then too..... so I hope it all turns out ok. Anyway, I better bugger off again, sorry for the lack of photos, makes me blog darn boring ..... but will go nuts when we get home and puts heaps on! nite nite.

8 comments:

  1. Oh it is hard when you have kids at someones house that is used to peace and quiet...
    Movies sound like a good idea!!
    Rain... nope.. we had a beautiful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm there girlfriend! Chops has a boring birthday to go to, so it's a chops free event. But we shall live, grasshopper, we shall live...

    I laughed - at your expensive, I'm afraid - about the huntsman. They are scary - wait till one JUMPS at you! HWAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Will get in touch with CKK bout where to meet etc...

    Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mothers Day Sweety *hugs* those Huntsmen are bloody scarey huh, so creepy when they run *eeekkkkkkk*

    ... Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything creepy or crawly gives me the shits!! I remember in the states being freaked out by tics ... eeewwww!!

    Hope the rain stops soon for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pain having rain while you are there! The kids won't like being stuck inside. Hope it clears soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day my blogger pal! I hope you got lots of smooches and TLC!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AND EWWWWWWWWWWWW. Spiders freak me out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad your having a good time!!! Making me miss Coffs Harbour tho!!lol
    Send the rain back up to Qld we desperatly need it.
    Have fun for the rest of your hols, the littlies must be havin a ball!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.